Everyone wants something delicious to eat on the Fourth of July and most people head to the grill. What are you supposed to do if where you live doesn’t have a grill (or you just don’t want to use it). You can still get your hot dog fix by making these baked chili cheese dogs!
They’re easy, quick, affordable, and customizable to your tastes!
This recipe isn’t a traditional type for the Fourth of July recipe but it still is super fitting. Just because you don’t have access to a grill, yard, or party doesn’t mean you should be left eating boring food.
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 3 cups chili
- 3 cups shredded cheese
- 8 pieces of bacon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- green onions for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease backing pan. Butter the sides and bottom of the hot dog buns and place them at the bottom of the pan.
- Wrap hot dogs with bacon. Then place the hot dogs in the buns.
- Top with chili and cheese.
- Tent with foil and bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions and serve immediately.
For this recipe, you can have fun substituting different ingredients to top the hot dogs. You can use homemade chili or store bought. I used shredded cheddar on this but you can use your favorite cheese or combo of cheeses! You can always nix the bacon and put on chorizo. Go crazy!
Enjoy your Fourth of July holiday and stay safe, everyone!