I am definitely the type of person who loves to hang around the kitchen and spend 2 hours cooking dinner. However, my schedule has also become so insane with work that I don’t always have the luxury to do that. This recipe for chicken avocado salad is flavorful but insanely easy and quick!
This recipe uses prepared chicken (chicken you’ve cooked before, use rotisserie chicken you can buy at the store, etc.) or you can shred your own freshly cooked chicken. It’s also highly customizable.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 tablespoon + 1 tablespoon lime juice, separated
- ¼ cup green onion, sliced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Shred the chicken apart until you have 2 cups of chicken shredded into fairly large chunks.
- Dice the avocados into medium-sized pieces, mix with 1 tablespoon of the lime juice and season avocado with salt to taste.
- Thinly slice the green onion and finely chop the cilantro.
- Mix mayo and 1 tablespoon lime juice to make the dressing.
- Put the chicken into a bowl large enough to hold all the salad ingredients. Combine all ingredients with the chicken until just combined.
- Serve right away or chill before serving.
As I said earlier, this recipe is super customizable! I add extra green onions for more crunch and also add extra cilantro sometimes. I also like to use garlic salt on the avocados. You can also add in raisins or nuts or anything you like! I like to eat this salad plain usually but sometimes I like to pair it with something else like pita bread, on a salad, or in a croissant.