I’ve been traveling a ton and have been completely slammed with work over the past couple of months which mean my mind and body is pretty worn down (I even got sick during all of this). It’s hard for me to cook anything intensive during these times so I always have my eye on things that are easy to make and also pretty healthy to help get me back to my best. Matcha pudding is great for breakfast or a snack throughout a busy day and tastes so good because MATCHA.
This does take a little bit of planning because it takes several hours for the chia seeds to gel with the milk so I usually make it so it can sit overnight and I can have it for breakfast! You also only need 4 easy ingredients.
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon matcha powder (culinary grade matcha)
- Mix together milk, honey, and matcha.
- Stir in chia seeds until they are coated. Pour into container/bowl. Refrigerate.
- After 10 minutes, stir again to make sure chia seeds are not clumping together (this is important because they will start to clump).
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
You can use a variety of types of milk (whole, almond, soy – basically anything you want). Another great tip is to mix the ingredients (sans the chia seeds) with an immersion blender. It sounds excessive, but it really makes mixing honey and everything much easier and more evenly. The matcha powder should be culinary grade or higher in order to have a smooth, good flavor.