There are two things I love dearly in this world: chocolate chip cookies and matcha. So why not combine them together into a super snack?
I know I’ve been posting mostly matcha related recipes recently – forgive me. It’s just all too good to not share! Recipe after the jump!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1½ tablespoons matcha powder (culinary grade)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 16 oz chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Sift flour, matcha, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- Cream brown sugar, white sugar, and butter in a large bowl. Beat in vanilla extract, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy.
- Mix flour mixture into wet mixture until dough is just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick baking mat.
- Roll dough into small (golf ball size) balls and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake until edges are lightly browned, about 8-10 minutes. Cool and serve!