Looking for something quick and simple for a weeknight meal? Miso is one of my favorite flavors – it’s salty and umami and tastes good with so many things.
White miso is more of a mild miso and red miso is aged and stronger, so you can swap out the white miso in this recipe for red miso if you want a stronger flavor. You can also use the ingredients in this recipe on a variety of protein (like fish or tofu) and while I typically eat this with rice, I was feeling healthy the day I shot this so I just put it on some fresh spinach.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup white miso paste
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- black pepper
- 2½ pounds chicken
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Combine butter, miso, honey, rice vinegar and black pepper in a large bowl and mix until combined.
- Add chicken to the bowl and massage the miso-butter mixture. Place chicken on a roasting pan in a single layer and put into the oven.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes or until internal temperature is 160-165 degrees F.
- Serve immediately.
If you use skin-on chicken, the skin should crisp up nicely. If you are using skinless chicken (like I did), I typically cover my chicken with parchment paper that acts like the skin and retains moisture in the meat (you can uncover at the end to give it some color).