It’s day 3 of my #SYLVIAGEATERY10FOR10K giveaway on Instagram and today I partnered with Pocky to give away a variety pack! The pack contains: chocolate, matcha (green tea), cookies & cream, strawberry, and chocolate banana flavors.
More info & a Honey Strawberry Pocky Ice Cream recipe after the jump!
Pocky is a super nostalgic snack for me as I’ve been eating it as long as I could remember. When I had the opportunity to link up with Pocky for this project, the little Japanese girl in me was screaming from excitement. I am so glad they have been breaking into the US market and now *everyone* (including you) can enjoy them!
I also wanted to develop a recipe that incorporates Pocky (as many people just use Pocky for plating and decoration) so I went with making an ice cream. I honestly had no idea what to expect since I don’t make sweets that often but it turned out SUPER well and I am so happy with the product! It’s also really easy so you can make it for yourself, too!
- 1 cup half and half (or whole milk), well chilled
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream, well chilled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 boxes strawberry Pocky, chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the half and half and granulated sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the heavy cream, vanilla, and honey.
- Turn ice cream machine on and pour mixture into the machine. Let mix until thickened (time depends on the machine).
- Take out the Pocky sticks from the box and chop into tiny pieces.
- With about 5 minutes from the ice cream being done, put in the chopped Pocky pieces.
- Keep in freeze until you eat it.